For teachers, mobility instructors, eye care professionals, and others working in the low vision community, the Zimmerman Simulation Kit is an excellent teaching tool which simulates how a person with different vision conditions sees the world. The kit can help share with a sighted user the visual challenges that different people may face.
With the kit, create 11 different visual simulations. The kit includes:
- Four welders goggles with different acuity loss lenses (approximate simulations of 20/70, 20/200, 20/500, 20/800)
- Three funnels to simulate peripheral field loss, or tunnel vision (approximately of 3, 7, and 10 degrees)
- Lenses that simulate macular degeneration (near and far distance central loss)
- Lenses that simulate cataracts
- Lenses that simulate scotomas (blind spots/detached retina, etc.)
- Lenses that simulate bi-lateral hemianopsia
- Black occlude lenses to eliminate ambient light
All materials are included in an attaché carrying case. The ZLVSK is an excellent resource from vision care professionals, rehabilitation and education professionals, and presenting workshops or seminars on low vision.